Thursday, January 03, 2008

Anything Worth Allen Doing, Is Worth Tim Blithely Ripping Off.


Leave it to Allen Holt, the only man I know who needs a 32-hour day more than me, to lay a hammer not only to his own creative dam but to mine as well:

I’m kicking off a new "get my creativity flowin’" project for myself: The 3×5 Project. Why 3×5? Because the whole thing centers around three-inch-by-five-inch index cards.

Here’s the deal: Every day during 2008 (stop scoffing!), I plan to do something on a 3×5 unlined index card. That might be a drawing or cartoon, it might be a word I want to use more, it might be an inspirational quote or song lyric… but it will be something done by hand on one side of a 3×5 card.


I'm a day behind him (as usual), but I will be participating 365 days in a row, beginning with today's card. While this is in a likelihood the only one I'll actually post, maybe at the end of the run I'll publish all of them as a collage. The kind that will cause some sort of seizure in the very old and very young. The kind of piece that will be copied and placed in whatever permanent file the FBI's been filling since the day I quit kindergarten.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 AM , Blogger Allen said...

Cool, Timmy! Thanks for the pimpage, and I'm glad I inspired you to try it yourself. You certainly don't have to post everything, but do keep us posted on how it's going for you! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home