Friday, September 16, 2005

Who Could Possibly Have Time to Look Through Dozens of CD's?

It's a new low. Or a new high in sheer laziness, depending on the half-full, half-empty status of your glass.

I've just downloaded an entire CD that I already own. I own it,and have for years, but I just can't muster the initiative to rummage through a shelf, a drawer and a box tonight.

Jesus, how lazy is that?!

The only consolation I can find is in the fact that this particular CD is one of, I don't know, The Three Best CD's Of All Time. So what little guilt or embarrassment I do feel is quickly rationalized by the strains of Soul Asylum's Hang Time.

There’s a ringing in my ears that’s heaven sent.
There’s a beast out on the ruins,
Some broken down lover’s lament.
It goes on and on but it won’t go away.


-Soul Asylum, Cartoon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home