Sunday, March 05, 2006

This is why she doesn't take me to the movies.

I was driving around with my wife this afternoon, to avoid any sort of household chores before she hunkered down to watch tonight's Academy Awards. I accidentally remarked that I didn't believe I'd seen any film nominated for any awards tonight (as it turns out, Batman Begins and Star Wars:Revenge of the Sith were indeed nominated). We discovered that the tiny 4-screen theater in Gulf Breeze (which now is the *only* place you can see a lot of the "artier" films) was showing Transamerica, which Sandy really wanted to see.

The fact that I enjoyed the movie tremendously is secondary to the unfortunate first reaction I had to what I was seeing onscreen. And I couldn't let it go; I had to whisper it to the wife, who was futilely attempting to merely enjoy the Oscar nominated performance:

"I can't believe that Hollywood's vision of a man desperately trying to become a woman is actually Kathy Griffin."






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home