Monday, October 30, 2006

That Sound You Hear Is Me Slapping My Forehead Repeatedly and With Increasing Force.

From the mouth (and possibly the brain) of producer Linda Perry:
I think we made a beautiful, vibey, magical record," Perry says. "Courtney Love's name should be right next to Bob Dylan when they say 'best lyricist of all time.'


Courtney Love, I hold thee blameless. It sounds like you've cleaned up your act, and I admire you for it.

Linda Perry, on the other hand, sounds like she's smoking marijuana to help kick an LSD habit. She could use some tips on future outlandish statements and actions from the Cobain widow. And she might want to revisit her own lyrics sometime:

"Hey-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah. Hey yeah-yeah. I said, "hey." What's going on?"
-Four Non Blondes, What's Going On?

"Now and then, I get insecure from all the fame, I’m so ashamed."
-Christina Aguilera, Beautiful

"I'm coming up, so you better get this party started."
-Pink, Get This Party Started

Hmmm. I take it back. Perry'd obviously know good lyricists from bad. Sign me up for two copies of Love's CD when it hits the streets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home